I'm sure all moms can relate to how fun it is to have a toddler that is learning to talk. At Hector's last doctor's check up his pediatrician said that even though he's on track she'd like for us to work more on getting him to say more words. Let's not forget that he hears two different languages on daily basis so he's probably really doing better than she thinks but whatever. I've learned that as a mom you have to learn to take things people say with a grain of salt because there will always be someone out there trying to tell you that what you're doing is wrong and you do it their way. (Withn that said let me just explain that I really do like our pediatrician, she's great, I just don't just whole heartedly agree with everyone that she says). Anyway, we've been working with Hector trying to get him to learn more words but have noticed that as my mom points out, he will speak when he wants! He babbles all day long but when we ask him to repeat things, he looks at us and laughs with a look that says "i know what you want me to say, but I don't want to!" He does pick up on other things though and even repeats things when not asked to repeat them. (again, he's a strong willed boy with a mind of his own.)
Anyway, recently Hector discovered a new word and all by himself! Ok, it was actually with the help of his friend Mickey Mouse. He LOVES Mickey Mouse! Sometimes in the morning so we can sleep in, or when we need some time to do other things, we'll let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my ipod. One of his favorites has become "Adventures on Wonderland" which is basially Mickey Mouse with an Alice in Wonderland twist. It's kind of funny because Alice in Wonderland happens to be one of Chris' favorite movies. Anyway, when Mickey and Donald start singing "Tick Tock, Tick Tock, we have to fix the cuckoo clock.." Hector will say "cuckoo! cuckoo!" It's super cute and adorable! The best part is that he'll say it when we sing the song too. One night as we were putting him down to bed we kept singing it and he kept saying cuckoo cuckoo. Then he started to get quiter and when we looked over he was half asleep. We decided to try it one more time, and even though he was more sleep than awake, heslowly and quietly whispered "cuckoo!, cuckoo!" I'm trying to record him and his cute things more often (as soon as or if I ever find my video camera) when/if I do, I'll make sure to post it. In the mean time, here's the preview for the Mickey Mouse movie I'm talking about:
No comments:
Post a Comment