I've never been really good at keeping a journal. I think the only time that I did do well was when I first moved to fairfield about years ago. I remember I was starting with a brand new notebook that I'd received for my 15th birthday from some friends and I knew that it would be filled with lots of writing as I felt so alone in my new room/house. I knew that the months ahead would be tough and that I'd feel comforted in the safety of this journal. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I was 15 years old and had just left everything i knew to start a new life in the very exciting city of Fairfield. You can't tell, but I'm being sarcastic. Anywho, point of this is that since then, I don't write very often because everytime I'm going to, I get stuck or dragged into doing other things and journaling, or blogging is put on the back burner. Until now.. it is one of my goals to blog alot more even if I don't have much to say which is usually why I don't blog in the first place.
So... yesterday was our 7 month anniversary. Crazy that when I first started this blog we'd only been married for about 2 months. Time sure is going by fast! Because we're trying to be careful about how much money we spend, we decided to eat in and had some very delicious tacos. (courtesy of my mother, though I did help cook). Then to do just a little bit of celebrating, we went to the movies and watched Race to With Mountain. It was a cute story, kinda cheesy at times, but then again it is a Disney Family movie, so it's kinda expected. Afterwards we were going to get some Coldstone's ice cream and I had really started to crave it when we go to the door and realized that it was closed! What a bummer... esp since we've discovered a GREAT recipe for the best ice cream there.
(sidetrack... I'd always thought that although Coldstone's ice cream could be good, it was for the most part waayyy too expensive and if you really think about it, not worth it. Then one day Chris got the creation "all lovin' and no oven" and it was sooo good, we became hooked. The "creation" comprises of cake batter ice cream, cookie dough, fudge and whipped cream, delicious!
I still thought it was too expensive though so we still didn't go very often. The one day I realized that it was a lot cheaper to get their To-go cartons then for each of us to get our own serving PLUS we could get more ice cream this way. So now, everytime we go we get the "ours" carton and make our own version of the "all lovin' and no oven" which includes, cake batter ice cream, fudge, cookie dough, brownie and whipped cream. )
So back to the story, we were really looking forward to this because we had decided to get the next size of carton "everybody's" and add more cookie dough and caramel, which as it sounds would have been super delish. Unfortunately, as mentioned, Coldstone's was closed and so we had to settle for storebought cookie dough ice cream, which of course does not even begin to compare. Chris was sweet and tried to make it better by adding caramel and whipped cream.. it kinda helped. We ate ice cream in bed and then went to sleep. Nothing too big for our 7 months but I loved it. I love that we don't have to do extravagant things to have fun and be together. I can't even begin to imagine my life without him and I can barely remember what life was like before we got married.
No comments:
Post a Comment