Of course it never fails that whenever I have some pressing assignment that I need to get done, I find any and every excuse NOT to do it, and this usually results in me blogging. In my defense, however, I just finished about 6 assignments over the course of the last week or two and so I think that my brain needs a little some R & R before I tackle my last two big assignments of the semester. I was trying to find some research the other day and nothing I read was making any sense to me, so I knew that I needed some time off.
I feel like so much has been going on since I last wrote (and why not, since it's been about a month or so...) that I don't know where to begin.
So one day after very much debate and waiting I asked Chris to please buy me some delicious donuts from the solano banking co. I know that it's a bakery, but really I think I will always call it the solano banking co. just for fun. Well let me tell you, they were not a disappointment in the LEAST bit. I told him to buy a dozen because it'd probably be cheaper (though really, I think I was just trying to rationalize eating more than one) and so one Monday he brought home a dozen donuts, ok minus a couple he'd eaten on the way home. They were super delicious, just as I'd hoped, but now it's left me wanting some more! Oh well, guess this baby of mine is going to like donuts or something!
I took two weeks of Spring Break and that was pretty much the best thing ever! Ok, so really the reason for taking the two weeks is that I ended up in the emergency room on April 1st because of some cramping I was having (which was a bit scary) and the doctor said I should get some rest, but since everything looked good, it was a nice excuse to miss school. Chris thinks our child is going to be a jokester and that he/she was getting an early start playing his/her first april fool's joke on me. I hope its the last one because I am not a good worrier, or am I? (I mean I worry more than the average person, so does that make me a good worrier or bad as in I shouldn't worry so much.. hmm.. idk). If our child does turn out to be a jokester, I will definitely blame his father.. and let me share why..
In April I baked my first ever wedding cake for Jennifer and Jason. And let me tell you, it was not easy.. well ok so in actuality it was pretty easy but I stressed out about it.. a lot. Well the day finally came and though everything didn't go exactly planned it turned out to be beautiful and everybody seemed to really like it. Well, then tell me why my lovely husband, as the couple cuts into the cake turns to me and says, what if when they stick the knife in, it all just falls apart? Now, I know what you're thinking, how or why would that ever happen, but it was my biggest worry in making the cake that I wouldn't have enough support for it and that it would just cave inside of itself and so the second he said that, I started to freak out! Luckily nothing like that happened (although if it had, I wouldn't have noticed, since after he said that I could no longer look I was so worried. Then, he says what if when they try it they get this weird look on their face like it's not good and that's the picture the photographer catches and everybody sees. Again, why I would believe him I don't know but then I started to freak out even more! Once again, luckily nothing like that happened and everything turned out ok. But can you see where our child might get the idea to scare his/her mother on April Fool's? I definitely can... and now I'm wondering if I should worry... one jokester turning into two? hmm.. good thing I love them more than anything in the world!
Oh one more thing about my successful wedding cake. The photographer they had was simply amazing! I have loved her work since she took Alex and Jane's engagement pictures and I swear one day I will have her photograph my family. Anyway, she has a website where she posts her pictures and on her site she wrote and I quote: "Each detail was perfect from the gorgeous Cally Lily flowers all the way to the eyelet paper lanterns, down to the best darn wedding cake I've had in a long time, everything was pure perfection." Now, I'm not going to lie, I get compliments on my cakes all the time (not that I'm trying to brag or sound conceited) but when I read this, my heart seriously jumped, because think about it. She's a wedding photographer, how many weddings must she go to a year, heck even in a month?! And she thought my cake was the best she'd had in a long time? Yikes! Talk about Super compliment!
Well, I do believe this post has been long enough and I should attempt some amount of hw during my break, so more catch-up later!
No comments:
Post a Comment