Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Graduation



Well, I did it! After going to school for the last 18 years of my life, with no break I may add except for Summer and even then sometimes no break at all, I have taken my last test and sat in my last desk. Haha ok, that's not entirely true, especially since (as Chris reminds me) if I want to be a teacher I'm going to be going to school for the rest of my life! It's ok though, it doesn't make me want to change my career at all, which is a good thing considering I just graduated with that major!

That morning I woke up early and got ready as my sister, her family and a friend were making their way to our house. When they got here we all ate a delicious breakfast, prepared by my wonderful madre and then Chris and I took off for Sacramento with my niece and nephew. On the way there, I realized just how much my niece and nephew have grown up. I mean it's a little crazy when I think about it as it seems like just yesterday that they were born! And now my niece is going into her last year of elementary school and my nephew is going to a GATE summer school program where one of the classes he's taking is Introduction to Business! That still makes me laugh as I wonder what kinds of business things they'll be teaching 4th graders... oh well, he seems really excited about it.

We finally got there and had no idea where to go. There was so many people and it was hard to tell who had just graduated and who was waiting to go in. Luckily my family all met up, and I met up with some friends and before we knew it the ceremony was starting. As I was walking in, I was trying to find where my family was sitting but its kinda hard to do that in an Arena! Finally when I got to my seat I was able to find them. The ceremony was pretty boring and I'm 99% sure no one really listened to any of the speakers but before we knew it, we were placing the tassel to our right and we were officially college graduates!




After the ceremony we headed to a local Chinese restaurant where we all had a really good lunch/dinner. A couple of more friends showed up and we all had a good time. Then we came back home and just relaxed. All in all it was a good graduation!

PS. Did I mention I graduated Magna Cum Laude?

No comments:

Post a Comment