Do you know what you'll be doing on Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:30 am?Chances are, you don't but I sure do! I will be sitting at Arco Arena, in my graduation cap and gown (plus honor cord!) getting ready to walk across the stage and be a college graduate! Whoo! I cannot even begin to express how excited I am about this. I really cannot believe that after all this hard work and much more I will be graduating from college. I remember thinking about this when I was really little (graduating from college has always, always been a lifelong dream) and now it's really happening.
I recently read an article for a young women lesson in which the speaker (I think it was an apostle) graduated from college and presented the diploma to his father. He told him that he felt the diploma belonged to him because he had always been the one to push him to do well (and at times to even just go to school). I feel like I'm going to be the same way with my diploma. Even though I was the one who worked hard and went to all the classes, wrote the essays, projects and hours of homework, it was my parent's support, encouragement and love that got me through it. They instilled in me, at a very young age, a passion for learning and succeeding and it has stayed with me, and will stay with me for the rest of my life. So really, I think I owe it all to them. I know that they have made many sacrifices to get me to where I am, and I hope that when they see me walk across that stage, with all I've accomplished they'll get the feeling that it was all worth it.
Biggest Congrats Irma, you've worked so hard... Well Done! Congrats for other reasons too ;o)
ReplyDelete